Council President Nury Martinez continues to disenfranchise CD10 constituents by denying them representation by the candidate of their choice. Her power grab motion to appoint Herb Wesson to represent CD10 is on the LA City Council agenda tomorrow Tuesday, February 22 at 10AM.
We need to call into the meeting and jam the phone lines to demand that the Council not appoint someone to represent CD10 and that Councilmember Ridley-Thomas be given the opportunity to resume his seat.
Please spread the word. We need to show up!
Tuesday, February 22, 2022. 10:00 AM. LA City Council Meeting
The Nury Martinez power grab motion is item 25 on the agenda.
Call 1 669 254 5252 and use Meeting ID No. 160 535 8466 and then press #. Press # again when prompted for participant ID. Once admitted into the meeting, press *9 to request to speak.
Please stay on the line. Keep calling if they hang up on you. Martinez staff manages the call in line. We can’t let them stop us from speaking up.
Suggested Talking Points
- I am calling for item 25 AND general public comment. (You will get 2 minute to speak)
- Please stop the Nury Martinez power grab!
- As a CD10 stakeholder, I am appalled with how the Council has treated our district.
- Please vote no on item 25 to appoint termed- out Herb Wesson to the CD10 seat.
- Any appointed member would be beholden to Martinez - and Wesson easily fits that bill.
- Herb Wesson is termed out! He served 3 full terms already and was rejected by CD10 voters when he ran for the Board of Supervisors and lost in CD10 by 21 points to Supervisor Holly Mitchell. He is not our candidate of choice.
- There has been no transparency or public process that seeks feedback from CD10 residents!
- Martinez has only held invite only meetings with handpicked participants.
- Any person she appoints would be beholden to her - not accountable to 10th District constituents.
- We need checks and balances at City Hall.
- Please vote no on any appointment motion.
- Thank you.